XO Communications Captures a 2015 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
HERNDON, Va. – November 12, 2015 – XO Communications (XO) has received a 2015 INTERNET TELEPHONYExcellence Award from TMC for its MPLS IP-VPN service. XO MPLS IP-VPN is an application-aware, private, wide area networking solution for IP data transport between business locations. The secure XO MPLS IP-VPN network offering enables IT managers to run mission-critical services such as VoIP, video, business and point-of-sale applications while maximizing performance, reducing operating costs and streamlining network management.
“As enterprises continue to adopt hybrid cloud strategies, we expect continued brisk demand for MPLS capacity,” said Jake Heinz, senior vice president, marketing and product, at XO Communications. “Eighty-six percent of businesses are likely to connect to multiple cloud service providers according to a recent XO-commissioned studyon cloud adoption trends. Our MPLS IP-VPN service provides a streamlined network experience that is well-suited for supporting increasingly important business requirements including multi-cloud connectivity.”
Among the many applications that rely on MPLS IP-VPN is Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). XO SIP servicecombines voice, data and Internet access over a single IP connection and integrates innovative unified communications applications into a customer’s network. XO provides its SIP service over MPLS IP VPN in order to allow for prioritization of voice communications above other applications. Prioritization is achieved through the use of class of service levels and high-quality voice applications that minimize network latency and associated jitter. As revealed in the recent 2015 IHS Infonetics SIP Trunking North American Service Provider Scorecard, XO has the largest installed base of SIP trunks which provide the connection between business networks and the public switched telephone network.
“Congratulations to XO Communications for being honored with an INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for innovation in IP communications. MPLS IP-VPN has demonstrated outstanding quality and has delivered exceptional solutions for its customers,” stated Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC.
The full list of the 2015INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award winners can be found here.
Global buyers rely on TMC’s content-driven marketplaces to make purchase decisions and navigate markets. This presents branding, thought leadership and lead generation opportunities for vendors/sellers.
- Unique, turnkey Online Communities boost search results, establish market validation, elevate brands and thought leadership, while minimizing ad-blocking.
- Custom Lead Programs uncover sales opportunities and build databases.
- In-Person and Online Events boost brands, enhance thought leadership and generate leads.
- Publications, Display Advertising and Newsletters bolster brand reputations.
- Custom Content provides expertly ghost-crafted blogs, press releases, articles and marketing collateral to help with SEO, branding, and overall marketing efforts.
- Comprehensive Event and Road Show Management Services help companies meet potential clients and generate leads face-to-face.
For more information about TMC and to learn how we can help you reach your marketing goals, please visit www.tmcnet.com.