The XO® Benefits Program is an important part of an employee's total compensation.
We offer a competitive set of comprehensive benefits. Full-time employees are eligible for all benefits 30 days after their date of hire, excluding 401(k) where eligibility is the date of hire.
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) Savings and Retirement Plan: Employees may contribute 1%-50% of pay, on a pre-tax basis subject to IRS limits. Automatic enrollment at 3% contribution level within 60 days of hire, with 1% annual automatic contribution increase, up to 5%.
- Company match 50 cents on the dollar on the first 5% of employee pay period contributions.
- 20% after 1 year
- 60% after 2 years
- 100% after 3 years
- Plan offers a variety of investment options.
- Convenient 24x7 online access for contribution and asset allocation management.
- Loan feature available to eligible participants.
- Health Savings Account (HSA): Employees who participate in the High Deductible Health Plan are eligible to contribute to a Health Savings Account.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Employees have the opportunity to participate in Flexible Spending Account(s) to fund eligible health care and/or dependent day care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- 529 Plan: Employees are eligible to contribute to a 529 college savings plan directly through their personal checking and/or savings account.
- Commuter Plan: Transit plan reimburses employees for bus, commuter van, ferry, and commuter railroad expenses incurred as a result of traveling to and from work, and a parking plan, which reimburses employees for expenses associated with commuter bus and rail parking lots, as well as parking lots at or near a work location.
- Recognition Awards: Honors employees for outstanding performance.
- Medical/Prescription/Vision: Employees are offered a comprehensive medical plan that includes preventive care, prescription drug benefit, dental and vision. Coverage available for:
- Employee and Spouse of Domestic Partner (same or opposite sex). Note that eligibility is limited to spouses and domestic partners who do not have access to other health insurance coverage through their employer.
- Employee and Children (if the domestic partner is enrolled, children of the domestic partner are eligible)
- Employee and Family
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance: Employees are provided with immediate coverage equal to 1½ times their base annual earnings provided at no cost. Employees have the opportunity to elect additional coverage of 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 times their base annual earnings.
- Dependent Life Insurance: Employees have the opportunity to purchase life insurance for eligible dependents.
- Short-Term Disability (STD): Employees are provided with an income protection benefit in the event an illness or injury prevents the employee from working.
- Long-Term Disability (LTD): Employees are provided with coverage for illness or injury that continues beyond the 26 weeks of STD. Employees can also enroll into the LTD Supplemental benefit to increase the level of LTD coverage.
- Holidays: There are 12 holidays per year.
- Vacation: Employees may receive 2-4 weeks per year based on service.
- Floating Holidays: There are 5 floating holidays per year which may be utilized for any reason.
- Sick Time: Full time employees are eligible for 5 sick days per year.
- Paid Leave: Available for jury duty, certain military training and service, death in the employee’s immediate family, and employee’s subpoenaed testimony in court.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Offers employees and their families access to professional counselors for help with a broad range of personal issues.
- Group Legal: Opportunity to purchase Group Legal insurance.
- Mother’s Room: Most XO work locations offer a private space to nursing mothers.
- Domestic Partner Benefits: Offered to employee’s same-sex or opposite sex partners.
- Travel Assistance Program: Employees, spouses, domestic partners, and dependent children are offered free services in an emergency while traveling on any single trip up to 90 days in duration.
- Wellness Programs: XO offers a tobacco cessation program, a wellness day off to attend preventive screenings and annual physicals, and a wellness award program which allows employees to earn up to $400 per year for healthy lifestyle choices.
- Service Awards: Employees are recognized for years of service with the company at one (1) year and subsequent five (5) year intervals.
- Educational Assistance Program: Employees have the opportunity to request assistance with the cost of educational expenses.
- Education and Training: Employees have the opportunity to enroll in self-paced online classes available from an extensive eLearning catalog.
- Company-Wide Telework Days: Four telework days offered per month.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: Many flexible work arrangements are available, including compressed work weeks, flextime, part-time, job sharing, and teleworking.
XO reserves the right to unilaterally, at any time and at its discretion, amend, supplement, modify, or eliminate any or all of the benefits described above. In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between information on this site and the official documents for XO benefit plans, the plan documents will govern in all cases.