August 02, 2011
XO Communications Ethernet Services Earn MEF Certification
- Leading Communications Services Provider's Ethernet Private Line, Ethernet Hub and Virtual Private LAN (VPLS) Services All Designated as MEF 9 and MEF 14 Certified
HERNDON, VA - August 2, 2011 - XO Communications (OTCBB: XOHO), a leading provider of advanced communications services and solutions for businesses, enterprises, government, carriers and other service providers, today announced the following XO Ethernet services earned MEF 9 and MEF 14 certifications:
- XO Point-to-Point Ethernet - conforming to MEF Ethernet Private Line (EPL)
- XO Ethernet Hub Service - conforming to MEF Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL
- XO Ethernet VPLS - conforming to MEF Ethernet LAN Service (ELAN)
The MEF (Metro Ethernet Forum) is a globally recognized industry alliance of more than 180 operators, vendors and component suppliers. Its certification program establishes service quality standards and validates services based on an independent and streamlined testing process.
"At XO Communications, we hold ourselves and our products to rigorous internal standards of excellence. We are extremely pleased that our services' performance met, and in many areas exceeded the benchmarks set by the MEF," said Randy Nicklas, chief technology officer at XO Communications. "This important industry certification furthers XO Communications' efforts to strengthen its market presence and build buyer confidence while signifying our ongoing commitment to quality, innovation and customer service."
MEF 9 certification requires that a service delivered to the customer meet MEF-designated technical specifications. MEF 14 certification tests to ensure that a service meets minimum traffic performance objectives.
"Given the wide variation in Ethernet services and capabilities available in the market, an industry-trusted certification standard is vital. It allows consumers to understand immediately what they are buying," said Nan Chen, president of the MEF. "XO Communications' commitment to quality and facilitating the needs of its customers is further solidified through its achievement of these MEF certifications."
The XO Ethernet services portfolio includes:
- XO Ethernet VPLS - A multipoint-to-multipoint Ethernet WAN solution affording customers the ease of use of Ethernet and the resiliency of MPLS technology in order to support mission critical, highly-secure applications and multi-site connectivivity
- XO Ethernet Hub - Access to the XO nationwide optical network via a single connection or hub and a "fan out" of lower bandwidth connections in a point-to-multipoint architecture to locations within the United States.
- Ethernet Point-to-Point -Ethernet-based private line services at speeds ranging from 3Mbps to 10Gbps.
To learn more about the XO Ethernet services portfolio visit www.xo.com.
About Metro Ethernet Forum
The MEF is a global industry alliance comprising more than 180 organizations including telecommunications service providers, cable MSOs, network equipment/software manufacturers, semiconductors vendors and testing organizations. The MEF's mission is to accelerate the worldwide adoption of Carrier-class Ethernet networks and services. The MEF develops Carrier Ethernet technical specifications and implementation agreements to promote interoperability and deployment of Carrier Ethernet worldwide.
For more information about the Forum, including a complete listing of all current MEF members, please visit the MEF web site at http://www.MetroEthernetForum.org.
About XO Communications
XO Communications is a leading nationwide provider of advanced IP communications, managed network and cloud computing services for business, large enterprise and wholesale customers. These customers include more than half of the Fortune 500, in addition to leading cable, mobile wireless and domestic and international telecommunications companies. XO offers a superior customer experience through its innovative solutions, its employees' focus on customers and the proven performance of its advanced network. To learn more about XO Communications, visit www.xo.com or blog.xo.com. XO Communications is also on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and LinkedIn.